Ashley and Kristina in Central Park 2007

7/20/11

Harley Quinn

We adopted an adorable Pomeranian from the Humane Society last November and she's definitely become a member of our family.  We named her Harley Quinn. (did you catch the Batman reference?)  She is the perfect fit for us and we spoil her often.  It took 9 years of convincing Ashley to agree to get a dog and now she's his little shadow.  It's so fun to watch them together.  You can see a YouTube video of Ashley and Harley playing on the right sidebar as well as a video of Harley playing with her raccoon toy.  This may seem like a lot of pictures, but it's only a fraction of the pictures we have taken of her.  We just adore her!
This is the first picture I took of Harley right after we left the shelter with her.   We were waiting in the car for Ashley to get stuff for her at Walmart.  Ash and I had been looking for so long, we weren't expecting to find her that day.
Just got home from the shelter and loves her new bed!

Harley bundled up after her first bath.  She looks so little when she's all wet, except her ears. 

Been home a week or two and just loving chilling on the couch with us.

We went to Salt Lake to be with my family for Christmas and took Harley with us.   She really liked their couch.  My family thought her "Grinch" feet were perfect for the season.  

Again at my parents house, perched up on the soft pillows.  She loves pillows and soft blankets.

Harley sitting on my lap, trying to figure me out while listening to me laugh at the tv.
She loves sleeping curled up next to Ashley.

This was the first time we had her groomed.  She looked so different and lost the "Grinch" feet.  Her "Grinch" feet were cute, but she can walk on hard floors a little easier without all that fur in the way.


For some reason, she loves being between my side of the bed and the wall.   This is what I see most mornings when I look down.

She got all curled up on my sweatshirt one night.  Super cute!

She loves being on the couch and is pretty good about staying on her blanket.  Although, if you sit down next to her, you better be ready for her to jump in your lap and settle there for as long as you'll let her.

This is her "why are you over there and not calling me over for attention" stare.

The last time we had her groomed we asked them to go shorter around her head and ears and they definitely did.  She doesn't even look like herself but she sure stays cleaner this way.

Again by my side of the bed, this time snuggled into the pillow against the wall.  I love that her paws are crossed - she does that all the time.  She's such a lady.

Loving her bed in the music room/office.  Really, she's happy wherever we are.

One of her favorite spots, right on top of Ashley.

Staring contest - pretty sure Harley won.

For once, when I woke up she was sleeping in her bed instead of by my side of the bed.  She looked so comfortable and peaceful I couldn't resist taking a picture.  I wish I could sleep that comfortably and deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment